Veterinary Surgeon Watford
A Veterinary Surgeon opportunity is available to join a dynamic team in Watford. Led by an experienced Branch Partner this bustling team provides comprehensive care not only for dogs, cats, and small pets but also for the diverse local wildlife.
The role involves a maximum of 1-day sole charge, with robust support provided by our Head Nurse, SVN, and Veterinary Care Assistant. We welcome vets at all experience levels who are proficient in basic routine surgeries. Flexible hours or part-time arrangements can be accommodated.
The full-time salary package can reach up to £57,369 per annum based on experience, offering a comprehensive range of benefits, including:
- 5 weeks’ annual leave alongside bank holidays
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (every 5 years of service)
- A 4-day workweek with either a 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend rotation
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- Coverage of RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees
- Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- Accommodation allowance
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- A wide range of discounts for outings, high street purchases, and holidays
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
Branch Overview: The practice is known fondly as ‘The Clinic with the most Unicorns in the world’ on Facebook. Celebrating diversity, this friendly team of wildlife enthusiasts is eager to welcome a Veterinary Surgeon who shares their love for adventure and compassion.
The clinic is conveniently located with quick access to Watford 24-Hour Hospital, providing a fully equipped theatre, CT, laparoscopy, endoscopy, orthopaedic, and spinal surgery services, as well as round-the-clock patient care managed by a dedicated night team.
With vets holding a cert in Diagnostic Imaging as well as PG Cert in Small Animal Surgery and an Advanced PG Cert in Orthopaedic Surgery, there’s a wealth of expertise available for support. The clinic also benefits from CT-assisted procedures, aiding in meticulous ops planning.
For eligible candidates, support for Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa is available upon meeting specific criteria and RCVS registration in the UK.
To apply, please forward your CV