Veterinary Surgeon Stoke-On-Trent
An exceptional opportunity awaits a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join a great team. The practice is nestled on the Staffordshire / Cheshire border led by a highly motivated Branch Partner who is on the lookout for a confident and driven veterinarian to complement an established team.
The caseload at the practice is diverse, including reptiles and exotic pets. This role may be particularly appealing to candidates with a keen interest in treating these species. However, we are also committed to nurturing your other professional interests and providing support for your career development, including the opportunity to pursue a certificate. Moreover, there are dedicated facilities, including an exclusive waiting room and consulting room for cats, making it an ideal environment for those passionate about feline medicine.
There is flexibility in terms of working hours, accommodating both full-time and part-time positions.
For those coming to the UK from abroad, we can assist with Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary package, up to £55,000 full time equivalent (pro rata for part-time hours)
- Tier 2 visa sponsorship available for candidates outside the UK
- Relocation package for candidates moving from outside the UK or more than 50 miles from their current UK home address
- £1,500 CPD allowance and 3 days of paid CPD leave per annum (FTE)
- 5 weeks of annual leave (FTE)
- RCVS, VDS, and BVA fees covered
- Funded certificate opportunities
- 24-hour access to a wellbeing and employee assistance program
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Leadership training
- Pension scheme
- Paid sabbatical after five years of service
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- Colleague purchase scheme
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
- Hapibenefits – Enjoy discounts on shopping, entertainment, and dining out.
The practice is well-equipped with digital and dental x-ray, in-house blood analyzers, and ultrasound. They are dedicated to achieving ISFM cat-friendly clinic registration.
There is access to advanced diagnostic equipment including a multi-parameter unit, CT scanner, endoscope, and laparoscopic kit.
Situated conveniently near Biddulph town center, with easy access to the M6 and the Peak District, the practice is in a picturesque location. Explore the nearby Biddulph Grange Country Park, the 18th-century charm of Mow Cop, and the scenic Cheshire Gritstone Trail.
If you’re a dedicated and passionate Veterinary Surgeon seeking a fulfilling role, we invite you to apply