Veterinary Surgeon Scunthorpe
Synchronised Solution is excited to present a dynamic and experienced veterinary opportunity. This role is based in Winterton, closely linked to the RCVS accredited Swanland 24-hour hospital.
The veterinary surgeons are at the forefront of delivering exceptional care, playing an integral part in each of our sites. From routine health checks to advanced surgeries, you will work directly with clients and their beloved pets, offering personalized care. Sole charge responsibilities will make up the majority of this role, so confidence and sound clinical judgment are essential. However, you will have the support of the team at the hospital and seven other branch practices.
In return, we offer an excellent career progression, work-life balance, competitive packages, and the opportunity to be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technology. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take ownership, make a practice their own, and drive it to become the heart of the community.
- Permanent, full-time role working 39 hours a week over four days with shared weekends. Flexibility is possible, so let us know your preferences.
- Competitive salary package of up to £65,269 per annum.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave per year.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- 24-hour access to a wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Leadership training.
- 5 weeks of annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years of service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Hapibenefits – Discounts on shopping, entertainment, and dining out.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure patients receive the best possible care.
- Collaborate with the team to develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilize diagnostic laboratory, imaging, and ultrasound testing where required.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunizations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to members of the support team.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies & procedures.
- Maintain patients’ medical records.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent.
- Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to practice in the UK.
- Understanding of relevant veterinary laws, regulations, and RCVS guidelines.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in animals.
- Surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Knowledge of animal behavior and communication.
- Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analyzers.
- Effective communication with colleagues and the ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases, and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
Our Winterton branch is located on the High Street in the heart of the affluent village of Winterton, North Lincolnshire. It serves the pet owners of Winterton and the surrounding villages and countryside. The branch consists of two consulting rooms, a modern reception and waiting area, dog and cat wards, and a separate fully equipped surgical theatre with two operating tables and a dental table. There is ample parking and well-maintained gardens.