Veterinary Surgeon Norwich
An exceptional opportunity awaits a skilled and compassionate veterinarian to join the dedicated team at our Thorpe St. Andrew practice in Norwich.
At our practice, our veterinary surgeons are the frontline heroes, delivering tailored care to our patients and their devoted owners. From routine health check-ups to complex surgeries, you’ll be at the forefront, working directly with patients and clients to provide the highest standard of care. Your role will also involve crucial support for our lead vets and branch partners in delivering exceptional care.
We are on the lookout for individuals who aspire to excel in their veterinary career. Our core vision and enthusiasm drive our approach to work. We are committed to delivering progressive, 24/7 care, which is why our employees have access to top-notch equipment and treatment options.
- Permanent, full-time role (39 hours a week, over four days, with potential flexibility).
- Competitive salary package of up to £55,000 per annum.
- Generous relocation package of up to £2000.
- £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days paid CPD leave annually.
- Payment of RCVS, VDS, and BVA fees.
- Opportunities for funded certificates.
- 24-hour access to a well-being and employee assistance program.
- Leadership training.
- 5 weeks of annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years of service.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Hapibenefits – Discounts on shopping, entertainment, and dining out.
If you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS, we can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa.
This is your opportunity to take the next step in your veterinary career by becoming part of the thriving veterinary community.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure optimal patient care.
- Collaborate with the team to develop treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilize diagnostic laboratory, imaging, and ultrasound testing as needed.
- Prescribe medication.
- Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunizations.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to support team members.
- Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain accurate medical records.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) or equivalent.
- Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to practice in the UK or meeting registration requirements.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in animals.
- Strong surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anaesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Proficiency in animal behavior and communication.
- Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analyzers.
- Effective communication with colleagues and the ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Strong critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases, and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
The Practice: Thorpe St. Andrew is a branch partner-led practice with a team of three vets, supported by a head nurse, student nurse, three patient care assistants, and a client care assistant. Join this great team and make a positive impact in the lives of pets and their owners in the vibrant community of Norwich.
To apply, please submit your CV.