Veterinary Surgeon Cranbrook
Nestled within the picturesque Kent countryside, this inviting veterinary practice is located within a stunning manor house. The practice boasts ample space, including a generous reception area, separate wards for cats and dogs, two spacious consultation rooms, a well-organized prep area, and a sizeable sterile operating theatre. Additionally, a comfortable staff lounge, kitchen, and a delightful garden offer a pleasant environment for staff relaxation and lunches.
The practice is well-equipped with advanced technology such as ultrasound and digital x-ray machines, alongside various lab facilities including biochemistry, haematology, electrolytes, a microscope, and Vetscan Imagyst (AI digital cytology). With a delightful client base, the team handles a diverse caseload and maintains strong connections with sister clinics, ensuring robust support and transfer options.
Role Overview: An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon at this Kent-based practice. This role presents significant potential, offering the successful candidate the chance to influence the clinical direction. Ideal for an individual with a drive to lead a cohesive team and contribute to the continued development of the practice.
The position covers a 40-hour workweek spread across 4 days, providing an excellent work-life balance. The shift pattern includes coverage for either a 1:3 Saturday rotation or 1:6 full weekends.
Compensation Package: The salary package can reach up to £70,000 per annum based on experience, accompanied by a substantial £5000 sign-on bonus! Additional benefits comprise:
- 5 weeks’ annual leave alongside bank holidays
- An attractive commission scheme
- 4 weeks’ paid sabbatical (every 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance with 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- Coverage of RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees
- Certificate funding
- Participation in bank holiday and on-call rota to support the dedicated night team, if required
- Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- A wide range of discounts for outings, high street purchases, and holidays
- 100% attendance bonus schemes
- 1 day ‘Pet’ernity Leave
For eligible candidates, support for Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa is available upon meeting specific criteria and RCVS registration in the UK.
Skills and Experience:
- Registration with the RCVS
- MRCVS qualification
- Strong commitment to animal welfare
- Ability to adhere meticulously to practice protocols and procedures
- Excellent organizational skills
To apply, please forward your CV.