Veterinary Surgeon Alloa Scotland
Join an exceptional veterinary practice in Alloa, Scotland!
We are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to become a valued part of our team. As a veterinary surgeon, you play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional care. You engage directly with patients and clients, tailoring your services to provide vital support in delivering top-notch care. We are on the lookout for individuals who aspire to stand out in their field and share our vision for excellence. Our commitment to providing progressive, round-the-clock care ensures that our team has access to state-of-the-art equipment and treatment options.
- Permanent, full-time role with a 39-hour workweek over four days.
- Weekend duty on a 1:3 half or 1:6 full rotation.
- Flexibility options available to accommodate your preferences.
Attractive Salary Package: Up to £50,000 per annum
- Relocation package of up to £5,000.
- Generous £1,500 CPD allowance and 3 days of paid CPD leave each year.
- Coverage of RCVS, VDS, and BVA fees.
- Funded certificate opportunities.
- Access to a 24-hour wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Leadership training.
- Enjoy 5 weeks of annual leave, in addition to bank holidays.
- Participate in our pension scheme.
- Eligibility for a paid sabbatical after five years of service.
- Benefit from annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Hapibenefits – Unlock discounts on shopping, entertainment, and dining.
If you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK, we can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa.
- Perform a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Conduct comprehensive pre-operative assessments and deliver post-operative care.
- Collaborate with the team to devise treatment plans and provide clients with care instructions.
- Utilize diagnostic laboratory, imaging, and ultrasound testing as needed.
- Prescribe medication.
- Advocate and administer routine vaccinations and immunizations to promote preventative care.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventative care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to support team members.
- Uphold compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain accurate patient medical records.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVetMed) or equivalent.
- Registration with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) for practice in the UK.
- Understanding of relevant veterinary laws, regulations, and RCVS guidelines.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in animals.
- Surgical skills for performing routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to provide compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Understanding of animal behavior and communication.
- Strong diagnostic skills and experience in using diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analyzers.
- Effective communication with colleagues and the ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients with empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergency cases, and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
The Branch: This small yet bustling five-vet practice is well-equipped and serves a wide-ranging caseload. Alongside our primary clinic, we also operate a specialized small cat clinic, perfect for a vet who is passionate about offering tailored feline care and becoming an expert in their field.
Scotland offers a quality of life like no other, with its stunning landscapes, vibrant culture, and a welcoming community. The allure of Scotland is not just in its rich history and picturesque locales but also in its modern amenities and traditional charm. Alloa is also equidistant from Edinburgh and Glasgow (only 25 miles/ 40kms)
This is an amazing opportunity to live in a place that boasts the best of both worlds, making it an ideal location for those seeking an exceptional work-life balance.