Night Veterinary Surgeon Swanland (£5000 sign up bonus plus relocation allowance)
An exceptional opportunity awaits a dedicated veterinary surgeon to join our dynamic night team at our 24-hour hospital in Swanland, East Yorkshire.
As a key player on our veterinary team, you will be at the forefront of delivering exceptional care, catering to the diverse needs of our patients and their devoted owners. From routine health check-ups to complex surgeries, your role involves direct patient-client interaction and critical support for our lead vets and branch partners.
In this pivotal role, you will take charge of all out-of-hours care within the hospital, working alongside a dedicated night nurse and a night patient care assistant. Confidence in working independently is essential, but rest assured, you’ll have on-call vets and nurses available should you need additional support. We are open to flexible shift patterns, so your input is valuable in shaping your work schedule.
We are continuously on the lookout for individuals who aspire to excel in their veterinary career. Our core vision and enthusiasm are the driving forces behind our work.
- Permanent role, available on a full or part-time basis, tailored to your preferences.
- Competitive salary package of up to £70,000 per annum (annualized, dependent on shift pattern), plus commission & a £5000 signing bonus.
- Relocation package of up to £2000.
- £1500 CPD allowance and 3 days of paid CPD leave annually.
- Coverage of RCVS, VDS, and BVA fees.
- Opportunities for funded certificates.
- 24-hour access to a well-being and employee assistance program.
- Leadership training.
- Generous annual leave entitlement, including bank holidays.
- Pension scheme.
- Paid sabbatical after five years of service.
- Regular annual pay reviews.
- Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance.
- Colleague purchase scheme.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Hapibenefits – Discounts on shopping, entertainment, and dining out.
For qualified candidates meeting the criteria, we can support certificates of sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa, provided you are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon your arrival in the UK.
- Conduct a wide range of surgical procedures.
- Perform thorough pre-operative assessments and post-operative care to ensure the highest level of patient care.
- Collaborate with the team to develop treatment plans and provide clients with clear care instructions.
- Employ diagnostic laboratory, imaging, and ultrasound testing as needed.
- Prescribe necessary medications.
- Advocate and administer routine vaccinations and immunizations to promote preventative care.
- Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices and preventive care for their pets.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to support team members.
- Ensure strict compliance with veterinary ethics, relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain meticulous medical records.
Skills and Experience:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine or equivalent.
- Register with the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) to practice in the UK.
- Proficiency in diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions in animals.
- Strong surgical skills, capable of routine and complex procedures.
- Knowledge of anesthesia protocols and pain management.
- Ability to deliver compassionate care and ensure the well-being of animals.
- Proficiency in animal behavior and communication.
- Strong diagnostic skills, experienced in utilizing diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, ultrasounds, and blood analyzers.
- Effective communication with colleagues, with the ability to explain medical conditions and treatment plans clearly to clients, demonstrating empathy and compassion.
- Willingness to collaborate with other veterinary professionals, including veterinary nurses and support staff.
- Strong critical thinking skills to diagnose complex cases, make informed treatment decisions, handle emergencies, and provide critical care to animals.
- Adherence to high ethical standards in veterinary practice.
The Hospital: Swanland is located in an affluent and scenic area of East Yorkshire, with easy access to the North York Moors national park, the East Yorkshire coastline, and cities like Kingston-Upon-Hull, Beverley, Lincoln, Leeds, and York. The Swanland team comprises several vets led by a clinical director, along with two head nurses, a team of RVNs, student nurses, patient care assistants, client care assistants, kennel assistants, and administrative staff. A fully operational night team, staffed by experienced vets and RVNs, covers out-of-hours care.
The hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities for both surgical and diagnostic needs, including an in-house laboratory, digital X-ray, doppler ultrasound, digital endoscopes, CT scanner, arthroscopy, orthopedic theater, separate wards (dog, cat, exotic, and isolation), and a canine hydrotherapy pool with an underwater treadmill. The team prioritizes in-patient care and modern therapeutics, engaging in ward rounds and clinical case discussions to continually advance clinical standards.
To apply, please submit your CV.