This position has been filled


Mobile Veterinary Surgeon Thirsk

Job description: We are currently looking for two experienced veterinary surgeons to work in a famous 24 hour veterinary centre in North Yorkshire which hosted a famous veterinary tv show. We are looking for candidates with excellent communication skills and who always strives to deliver first class care to the clients and who is confident in their ability and passionate about Veterinary Medicine. We also need candidates with a good all round experience in different fields of surgery and medicine You will be provided continuous support both in practice and through a fantastic training centre. You will be able to use state of the art equipment which will allow you to keep progressing within the profession.

There are two roles available. One is for mixed practice which provide a varied case load of 75% small animal and the remaining 25% divided between large animal and equine. There is also a second role purely for small animal practice.  Both roles offer a 4 day week where you would have to work 1 in 2 Saturdays or alternatively 1 in 4 full weekends.

Location details: The practice is located in Thirsk, a small market town in North Yorkshire. Thirsk is very popular tourist destination close to the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors. Thirsk is located 24 miles north of York and is a fantastic place to live for someone who enjoys the nature and explore the outdoors.

Salary and benefits: Further to the possibility of working at one of the most famous veterinary centres in the UK, there is on offer a very competitive salary as well as on site accommodation or alternatively a generous monthly allowance. A car is also provided or allowance as well as £1,500 CPD allowance with three days’ CPD leave and in-house CPD training, 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays and fantastic career progression opportunities. There are many other benefits available including paid VDS, RCVS and BVA fees.

Start date: ASAP. To apply please send your updated CV together with your RCVS registration details.