Lead Veterinary Surgeon Armagh Northern Ireland
Competitive Salary Package: Circa £80,000 Depending on Experience (With Potential OTE of up to £96,800)
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to become a vital part of a fantastic veterinary practice in Lurgan.
The practice boasts a well-equipped, purpose-built, and recently refurbished facility, designed to accommodate up to five vets. The dedicated team thrives in a harmonious and joyful work environment, finding true satisfaction in their daily work. They have cultivated a loyal client base, and their commitment to service garners positive feedback from pet owners.
Lurgan, a charming town celebrated for its rich history, scenic landscapes, and vibrant community, seamlessly combines modern amenities with traditional Irish charm. The proximity to Lough Neagh provides ample opportunities for recreational activities and leisurely walks. In town, you’ll discover charming shops, cozy cafés, and traditional pubs. The practice is conveniently situated near the train station, offering excellent connections to Portadown, Belfast, and Bangor. For those traveling by car, the M1 ensures that Belfast is just over an hour away.
We are on the lookout for individuals who aspire to excel in their field. This shared vision and dedication form the core of our work ethic. Our commitment to delivering progressive, round-the-clock care ensures our teams have access to the finest equipment and treatment options available.
The Role: As the Lead Veterinary Surgeon, your role is pivotal in overseeing the veterinary team and ensuring the delivery of exceptional medical care to our patients. Your leadership capabilities, clinical expertise, and unwavering dedication to animal welfare, supported by our regional teams and support center, will significantly contribute to the practice’s continuous growth, your personal development, and the success of your team.
- Provide strong leadership and foster a positive, collaborative work environment within the veterinary team.
- Ensure that all team members consistently deliver quality and ethically sound care to our patients and clients.
- Perform thorough examinations, diagnose medical conditions, and create effective treatment plans.
- Execute a broad spectrum of surgical procedures.
- Prescribe medications as needed.
- Offer expert guidance to pet owners, addressing their concerns and exploring treatment alternatives.
- Uphold compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain accurate patient medical records.
- Ensure adherence to all legal and ethical standards in veterinary medicine.
- Collaborate in the recruitment and training of new veterinary staff, supported by our dedicated support center teams.
- Efficiently manage the practice’s performance, budget, and overall profitability, with the assistance of regional teams.
- Participate in the Lead Vet Contribution Scheme and potentially earn an additional 20% of your base salary per quarter.
- Relocation package of up to £2,000. (£5000 for overseas candidates)
- £1,500 annual CPD allowance along with 3 days of paid CPD leave each year.
- 5 weeks of annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Coverage of RCVS, VDS, and BVA fees.
- Opportunities for funded certificates.
- Access to a 24-hour wellbeing and employee assistance program.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Leadership training.
- Join our pension scheme.
- Enjoy a paid sabbatical after five years of service.
- Experience annual pay reviews.
- Benefit from additional paid leave for outstanding attendance.
- Explore our colleague purchase scheme.
- Access Hapibenefits, which offers discounts on shopping, entertainment, and dining out.
This is the perfect moment to elevate your career by becoming part of the thriving and ever-expanding community here at this great practice. Join us and make a difference!